Complete classroom (16 hours) and field training (40 hours) to achieve Ecology certification as Water Treatment System Technician.
Performs stormwater, groundwater, and/or other water remediation related activities on assigned projects.
Provides support and assistance to Project Lead Technician and Project Manager as directed during field operations
Performs other tasks as may be assigned.
Principal Accountabilities (The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations.):
- Conducts Certified Erosion and Sediment Control Lead (CESCL) inspections per project Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) and applicable permits
- Operates and monitors water treatment equipment (pumps, filters, chemical delivery and water quality monitoring systems) according to the operational parameters upon demonstration of proficiency to other lead technicians or supervisor
- Collects and analyzes a variety of water quality samples using handheld equipment, field instruments and laboratory methods as necessary
- Performs benchscale treatability experiments (jar tests) to determine appropriate dose rates
- Calibrates water quality instrumentation and chemical injection systems in accordance with technology specific use designations and equipment specifications
- Conducts residual chemistry testing experiments to ensure system effluent meets water quality standards
- Monitors and assesses system performance. Troubleshoot and optimize systems as needed to maximize performance and efficiency to maintain water quality parameters
- Maintains field logs and essential paperwork
- Maintains onsite Chemical & Lab Supplies Inventory
- Conducts basic system maintenance and informs supervisor of any equipment operational problems
- Adheres to company and site specific health & safety policies
- Adheres to federal, state and local environmental regulations
- Escalates issues as necessary
- Field locations as assigned on construction and industrial projects. Often requires working in difficult weather conditions.
- Shop locations as assigned in fast paced production and manufacturing operations environment.